Building a Legacy for Truth for the Next Generation
Why a Legacy Challenge?
For 45 years, Christendom College has never wavered in its total commitment to the Truth and rejection of all federal funding, standing as a light amidst a deepening cultural darkness. Christendom has continued to teach and defend our Catholic faith and heritage, but there is a hard fight ahead for young Catholics. The world needs Christendom’s unwavering commitment to authentic Catholic education in the present day and for generations to come. Liberal institutions promoting destructive ideologies, like Planned Parenthood, the ACLU, and the Environmental Defense Fund, have raised millions of dollars through successful bequest challenges. The Truth deserves a legacy too and the Christendom College Legacy Challenge is the response.Join hundreds of others in providing for the present needs of students and the long-term financial strength of Christendom College by participating in the Christendom College Legacy Challenge.
What is a Legacy Challenge?
A Legacy Challenge is a unique opportunity to multiply your impact. If you join hundreds of other Christendom supporters in making a gift in your will or other estate plans to Christendom College, a generous benefactor has agreed to match up to 10% of the value of your intended legacy gift* with a current gift to the College in support of student financial aid. By participating in the Christendom College Legacy Challenge, you are not only helping to defend the future of Catholic education, but also helping to generate current funds to keep Christendom College free from all federal funding.
*The cap on matching funds is $25,000.
How to Participate:
- Consider which gift type is best for you and your family. Two simple types of gifts are:
- Using a Will or Trust: For sample bequest language you can provide your attorney, see here.
- Using a beneficiary designation on an IRA, POD, or other retirement or financial account: Contact your retirement plan administrator or financial administrator for a beneficiary designation form. Our legal name: Christendom Educational Corporation. Our tax ID number: 54-1031437
- Share the news of your life-long commitment. By communicating your legacy wishes to Christendom College, you will help ensure that we understand and plan for the impact you wish to achieve. Complete the Legacy Challenge Documentation Form and mail to:
attn: Isabella Reilly
134 Christendom Drive
Front Royal, VA 22630
- Make an impact on our students today while ensuring their future. The Legacy Challenge Fund will put your legacy plans to work today by donating 10% of your legacy gift’s value—up to $25,000 in matching dollars—to support student financial aid which ensures that Christendom College stays free from federal funding and continues to educate future Catholic leaders in the Truth.
How Does the Legacy Challenge Work?
- You document a $50,000 specific bequest in your will to Christendom College. Christendom College will receive $5,000 (10% match) to support student financial aid.
- You document that you designated Christendom College the charitable beneficiary of a retirement account, currently estimated at $100,000. Christendom College will receive $10,000 (10% match) to support student financial aid.
- You document that you designated Christendom College the 75% beneficiary of your trust, currently estimated at $750,000. Christendom College will receive $25,000, the maximum amount of matching funds, to support student financial aid.
- You document your intention to leave a legacy gift to Christendom College, but you wish to keep all details private. Christendom College will still receive an automatic $1,000 to support student financial aid.
*Though Christendom College encourages benefactors to make a gift plan with the College at any stage of life, only benefactors over the age of 60 may participate in the Legacy Challenge.
*To qualify for the match, a benefactor must provide written communication of their gift
Impact A Student Today!
We are happy to answer all inquiries, questions, or concerns. Learn more about the impact you can achieve through your legacy. Contact us at:
John F. Ciskanik, MBA
Executive Director of the Office of Gift Planning
Gift Planning Coordinator